|Upon entering China, travelers must complete a customs declaration form listing the valuables or amount of foreign currency being brought into the country. A copy of the form will be collected upon exit.
Like other countries, Chinese customs impose restrictions on items brought into China. The following items are prohibited from being brought into China.
1) Weapons, ammunition and explosives
2) Counterfeitcurrencies and securities
3) Printed matter,films, photos and other materials considered detrimental to China's politics, economics, culture and ethics
4) Deadly poisons
5) Opium, morphine, heroin, marijuana and other addictive drugs
6) Animals, plants andother products carrying dangerous viruses, insects and other obnoxious species
7) Food, drugs or other items harmful to human and animal health, or that come from epidemic regions or that are capable of spreading
The following items are barred from being taken out of China:
1) All items listed above
2) Manuscripts and printed matter involving state secrets
3) Precious relics and other antiques barred from export
4) Near-extinct and rare animal and plant species, including samples, seeds and breeding materials